Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Let the Stash Game Begin!

Starting tomorrow, there will be a stash game in progress on sewingmamas. I'm super excited to join in on this one, because I NEED to make a newborn diaper stash for baby Ella. I also need to work on a spring & summer wardrobe for Cassidy & Sophia as well as nursing essentials for myself. A diaper bag would be nice too, but I'm not going to push it lol.

I have spent the last week tracing patterns & organizing the fabrics I plan to use & I am ready to get started. I even plan to cut into some of the yummy knits I've been hording for the past couple years.

I've already made a few things to practice new patterns, including this recon of a Gymbo blanket! I can't believe how much I was able to squeeze out of it. There was also another pair of undies, but Cassidy grabbed them as soon as they were finished, so no pic. (a 3 piece newborn outfit, diaper, pair of nursing pads & 2 undies!)


I made this from the latest kids edition of Ottobre magazine. I was VERY intimidated by these patterns for awhile, I'm so glad I finally took the plunge, it was not nearly as bad as I had made it out to be.


Lots more to come between now & the 12th, so stay tuned :-)

2 comments:

Stephie said...

You are so talented! I didn't realize you had picked Ella! I love that name! ;)

Kristen Brooks said...

WOW I didnt realize how much a gymbo blanket could make!